This involves the community based, comprehensive and integrated continuum of care for children living with HIV and other chronic infections.DEVLINK Africa seeks to improve the quality of lives of the children infected with HIV. We hold in high regard the betterment of the situation of the infected children in the community with the full involvement of the households.
The following are our key activities:
- Training of Community Health Workers
- Children Club Sessions
- Monthly Community Health Workers Meetings
- Home visits
- Nutritional Support
- Basic nursing care
Despite the numerous achievements Devlink has had we face some challenges which we continually overcome.
The following are some of the challenges we face:
- Low turn out of paediatric clients
- Little supply of propylaxis medicines in the health facilities
- No Paediatricians in the nearest referral health facilities within the communities
- Missing of clinic appointments by some paediatric clients especially those under the care of elderly persons.